Sunday, October 8, 2017

Papertrey Ink Traveler's Journal: Mini Scrapbook Kits


It's Traveler's Journal day over on the Papertrey Ink blog! This month's feature is all about making mini scrapbooking kits, either as gifts or for yourself. 





I've always found the idea of a December mini-album enticing, but the reality is I've never felt I've had the time to put one together. Today I'm sharing some ideas for how you can prepare supplies ahead of time and simplify December memory keeping.  Papertrey's Traveler's Journal booklets are the ideal size for a December mini-album or journal!


The first thing I did was choose a color combo to use throughout my book. I designed a simple, but colorful album cover using those colors. The letters are all die-cut with Headline Alphabet, the word "memories" is from the Monthly Moments: Year-Round Mini stamp set, and the number "ornaments" are from the Traveler's Journal: Dates stamp set.



You'll need either an elastic band closure or a clip. Otherwise, the booklets don't stay closed on their own. I added a label sticker to a gold binder clip, along with some festive Pure Poppy baker's twine. The label was done with the Traveler's Journal: Typed Notes stamp set, Moments Inked: Planner Banners stamp set, and Moments Inked: Planner Banners die.



On the first page, I set a merry tone with some red polka dot paper and a stamped "Merry & Bright" sentiment from Quick Notes: Holiday Mini.


I added some gradient with a darker shade of green ink, popped the sentiment up with foam adhesive, and added some gold sequins for a little extra pizzazz.



Next I chose a theme for the album. I picked out a dozen prompts and created a spread for each one. I die-cut several photo frames in various colors to have ready for photos, and I've left plenty of room for telling stories, recording traditions, and/or reflecting on the prompt.

The prompts I'm using are: selfie, family, ornament, cookie, holiday card, decor, peace, shopping, listen, lights, and weather. 

The frame is from the Traveler's Journal: Accessories die set, and the titles are all done with the same Headline Alphabet die that I used for the cover.



Next, I stamped and die-cut an assortment of images to use for embellishments. My advice is to not go too crazy with these. Keep it simple! These adorable trees are from the Treetops Glisten stamp set.


Here's an example of how you could add your stamped embellishments.




I also have a stack of snowflakes ready to go. These are from the Snowflake Sparkle set.



And here's another simple page design for the "family" prompt. I adhered the title to the frame with permanent adhesive, but used repositionable adhesive for the actual frame to make it easier to insert those printed photographs. The square frame on this spread is from the Traveler's Journal: Outer Cover die set.

I hope by planning ahead and simplifying the process, I'll be able to stick with a December mini-album project this year! If you don't already have a system you use, hopefully you're inspired to try as well!





Ink: True Black, Fresh Snow, Tropical Teal, New Leaf, Soft Stone, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Green Parakeet

PaperTraveler's Journal Page Blanks  Bitty Big: Pure Poppy Paper Collection; Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Green Parakeet, Tropical Teal, Soft Stone, Classic Kraft, and Stamper's Select White card stock

Other: white gel pen, Pure Poppy baker's twine, gold sequins



For more Traveler's Journal inspiration, be sure to visit the Papertrey Ink blog.
Thanks for visiting!


2 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Amy, I love this! It looks so achievable! I have tried to do DD albums in the past, but have never managed them - this I could do, and I would end up with the memories that I want. Thank you!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Very nice creation !