Saturday, August 26, 2017

Worm Wishes - August SFYTT


Today I'm sharing my take on the August Sketch For You To Try by Reverse Confetti.

The August SFYTT challenge is open until noon CST on Tuesday, so if you haven't linked up an entry yet, we'd love to have you join us! The rules, link-up, and prize info are all HERE on the Reverse Confetti blog.

The sketch:

And my interpretation:



I started with a Premier Polar White card base, rounded the top corners, and stamped some dashed lines across the middle using an Elemental Stripes image and Baby Blue ink. 



Next I took a smaller white panel and turned it into a notebook page using border dies from the Office Edges Confetti Cuts set. 



On top of that, I layered the "ABCDE" die-cut, which I trimmed out of a larger ABC Cover Panel Confetti Cuts die-cut. I cut the cover panel out of Midnight card stock and lightly swiped some white pigment ink across for a slight chalkboard look. A pair of mini staples add to the school theme as well as secure the letter strip to the notebook page layer. 

The adorable little bookworm, from Worm Wishes  has been stamped, die-cut with the coordinating Worm Wishes Confetti Cuts die, colored with Copics, and then snipped in half so that I could make him look like he's coming through the apple. (Masking would have been best for this look, but this little guy was already stamped and colored, so I couldn't resist the shortcut!)


To finish the card, I added a sentiment above the worm, a trio of sequins, and a touch of Charcoal Striped Twine.


 

 

 

 




For more sketch inspiration, visit the Reverse Confetti blog

Thanks for visiting!


SaveSave

2 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

This is so stinking cute! I love all of the white space with the pops of red!

Nora Noll said...

How CUTE!!! I love the abc with the adorable worm!!! Such fun design.