Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August Card Kitchen - Happy Camper, Part 1

Before August gets away from me entirely, I'd love to share with you the cards I created using the August Card Kitchen kit. This month's kit features Jillibean Soup's Happy Camper line, and it was an absolute dream to work with! Here's the first batch:


Are We There Yet?
How many times have you heard that from your kids? How many times have you said it? How many times do you think exactly that while trying to get some crafty project or another to work out "just so"? You'll be "there" in no team with this super easy card! The sign and wagon are die-cuts from the Pea Pods collection. I hand-cut some rolling hills, added a post for the sign, and a simple strip of the arrow pattern for a roadway. And there we are!





Friends 4 Ever
This next one was a tad more layered and involved, but HOW CUTE is this pair??!! I've always been drawn to the blue yellow, and green color combo, and lately anything with gray rocks my world. As soon as I laid this arrangement on that perfect pink pattern, I was in love! It's such a happy color! And that feather pattern? That was a big hit for me this month, too!





Explore the Great Outdoors
Another super easy one. The row of trees and the sentiment are border strips on one of the 12x12 patterns I just cut them down and rearranged slightly. I added the "explore" tab sticker and some adorable wood stars for the perfect extra.






Happiness Is A Way of Travel
When I read this sentiment, well, I had a little catch in my throat. I'm guilty too often of looking for happiness or satisfaction somewhere else instead of finding them right where I am. Happiness is to be lived out every day. It's not some elusive target! 
And here we have that happy pink and happy yellow together again, along with the turquoise and gray woodgrain. I just love! And is that camper just the sweetest?! Makes me want to go out and buy one!


For more info on Jillibean Soup's monthly Card Kitchen kits, click HERE.
To purchase this month's Happy Camper kit or to sign up for a monthly subscription, go HERE.
And to see what's coming in next month's kit, follow along with the sneak peeks on The Card Kitchen blog.


Thanks for visiting today! I have something super fun here on the blog tomorrow and then I'll be back Friday with my other four August Card Kitchen cards.

Have a happy day!

1 comment:

Oliwiaen said...

Fantastic set, Amy! It aways amazes me how skillfully you put a couple of elements together and they always match!