Sunday, September 30, 2012

O Come Let Us Adore Him


Good Sunday morning! It occurred to me recently that I have yet to make a single Christmas card this year. I'd say it's high time I got started! Today's card features a beautiful Christmas set by Hero Arts called Heavens Rejoice, newly re-stocked at i {heart} papers. I was so drawn to the wise man silhouette image, and chose it to ink up first. I stamped in Tim Holtz Pumice Stone ink onto a neutral pattern from the Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage 6x6 pad, then die-cut the image using a Spellbinders Labels Ten die. Accents and embellishments include crinkled and dyed seam binding, buttons tied off with some Creative Imaginations Natural Twine String Thread, self-adhesive Lace Fabric Tape by Love My Tapes, distressing, hand-stitching, and Kaisercraft pearls.



I finished the inside with some more Christmas Cottage papers and another of the sentiments from Heavens Rejoice, leaving plenty of room for a personal note as well. One holiday card down, a bajillion more to go, right? :D

Since it's the tail end of September, this is my last "official" post as guest designer at i {heart] papers. A huge thanks to Kate and the whole friendly team at IHP for taking me in this month! 

Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Love it. I think the beauty of this card is the lighter coloured ink for the wise men.
I am so boring, I would have stamped it in black and then been stuck for finishing choices.
Gotgeous!

Anonymous said...

Love it! :)

Julie M said...

Gorgeous card, Amy - the range of colours you've used are beautiful, love the image, and perfect layering, distressing and stitching.

Julie :o)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Your designs just blow my mind, Amy! Love the layers on this, the pennant flags, lace, everything!

Paper Profusion said...

Hi Amy, Your creation is absolutely beautiful. Nicola

Amy Johnson said...

Such a beautiful and inspirational Christmas card! Love everything about it!

Anita &/or Char said...

Amy, this is beautiful!!! I just love how you decorate the inside of the card too... yes, I'm that clueless ;) but you most certainly inspire me to get off the front of the card :) Thanks for sharing...

whoistracy said...

Just gorgeous Amy!! We were so happy you could be our guest designer for September- just loved having you play along with us.

Cute said...

Like all your cards! And this one is incredibly beautiful. Can we take the picture and lift the card? A contest will be here http://scrapik.by/

Oliwiaen said...

Beautiful inside and out :-)