Wednesday, August 1, 2012

TCPTues221 - Colorful Birthday Wishes


I had the best intentions of blogging this past week, but sunny, summer days have this funny way of slipping by, don't they? A small chunk of alone time and this week's fabulous Cat's Pajamas challenge got me going yesterday, though! I ended up making two cards, but I'm sticking one in my back pocket for now, as it might be better suited for an event I'm participating in next week. Sorry to tease :)

So here's our TCP Tuesday challenge this week, an inspiration challenge hosted by Jen del Muro and Susan Liles:



Color, glorious color! I wouldn't call this my go-to palette, but I sure had a blast working with it. In addition to the color, my primary point of inspiration was the irregular lattice (or whatever you'd call it) on the chair backs. I started by cutting the turquoise lattice piece with my Silhouette. The little postage stamps, done with images from Commemorating You and die-cut with TCP's Stamp Trio CutUps die, were left over from my TCP Tuesday project last week. (Shhh, those postal cancellation marks are actually red, not pink. Funny, though, I think because of that dominant pink button, the eye just reads the red as bright pink, too. I would have stamped new ones if they looked bad!)

I'm off to meet with my magician landscaper this afternoon, who will hopefully be able to calm my jitters about a major outdoor project we have coming up in a few weeks. I always get waaaaay stressed out with these big-ticket investments, no matter that they've been saved for and planned for. I'm sure that's normal to some degree, but even my husband will agree, I get a little carried away! It's the Type A perfectionist in me!


1. Each Tuesday we will give you a challenge.
2. You will have until the end of the month to complete the challenge.
3. Add your entry to the guestbook on Alma's Blog and/or upload to the SCS Gallery, using the keywordTCPTUES221 for this week's challenge.
4. TCP stamps/dies are not required, but of course, we love to see them if you have them.
5. There will be one randomly chosen weekly winner, announced on Tuesdays.
6. There will be one winner, The Swanky Stamper, announced the 1st of each month. They will win several sets from an upcoming release and get to play along with us at our Pajama Party and Blog Hop.


See you tomorrow for a brand-new Deconstructed Sketch!

5 comments:

craftyb said...

This is gorgeous - love your mix of colours (so fun n funky) and your cluster of embellies! bx

Danni said...

What a fun card!! Love all the different elements!

curlyqmosaics said...

Fantabulous card! I love the colors and all the dimension. Beautiful!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome card Amy. Love all the fun elements. I just had to pin this for future inspiration. :o)

Alma de la Rosa said...

Oh. My. You never cease to surprise and delight! Truly a fabulous card