Thursday, March 10, 2011

You're So Tweet


Quick post today, as I'm in the middle of a small-remodel-turned-medium-remodel that's taking up a lot of my time. What began as just installing upper cabinets in the master bath has turned into replacing the countertops, sinks, faucets, and other hardware. I'll tell you, after choking on the cost of a new shower door, I googled "can I change my ugly, outdated brass shower trim to another finish" and subsequently dove head-first into do-it-yourself decorating/home decor/remodeling blogs. I haven't been this sucked in and giddy about blogging since I discovered stamping blogs four or five years ago. All I can say is "look out, 10-year-old, dated house of mine - you're about to get a serious facelift!" And I won't have to take out a loan to do it!

But this is a card blog and that's probably what you're here for, right? Today's card uses one of the sweet newish Pure Innocence girls from My Favorite Things -- You're So Tweet. I'm as in love with the PI line as I was on Day 1. They're just so adorable and fun to color or paper piece. I did this one mostly with Copics, then added the blue halo, the grass, and some added shadowing with Prismacolor pencils. The papers are from My Mind's Eye's Stella & Rose line (Gertie, I believe). For embellishments, I went with a turquoise twine (The Twinery), button, and some tiny Kaisercraft rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're having a great week!



Stamps: You're So Tweet (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White card stock, My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose "Gertie" dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, paper blending stumps, Spellbinders classic circle Nestabilities, The Twinery twine, Papertrey button, Kaisercraft rhinestones, foam adhesive, paper piercer, needle, thread
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

23 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

Amy, this is wonderful and sweet. You must share some of the remodeling and decor blogs with us! I watch HGTV like it's my job! I'm obsessed with remodeling. Definitely do some before and afters!

Cary M. said...

Love the card!
Good Luck on the remodel! :)

Hogata said...

As always you've made something beautiful :)

Marisa said...

I can just see you going at it :) Well done!!! Please show us before and after shots so we can ooooh and aaaaah with you and your new found skills :) Darling card too.

Arlene said...

Amy, this PI is too precious! Love the colors. :-)

Melody said...

So cute! Love your coloring!

Hanne said...

Such a sweet and wonderful card!
Hanne

Unknown said...

LOVE this tweet little PI girl. Beautiful coloring as always, and your grass is perfect! I know you drew that!

Oh...please do share the blogs and info about remodeling. I love that sort of thing!

Betty Wright said...

This is amazing and so beautifully colored and detailed, Amy! I just got me one of these PI girlies! Too precious!

Good luck with the home remodel stuff! It is fun...especially to the before and the finally finished AFTERS! Those are the best!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just precious!

MicheyMoo said...

I love these PI girlies too - they are too sweet!! This is a beautiful card - the colouring is magnificent and I'm sooo in love with MME's papers right now.

Hope the remodel is going fab-o, sounds like you're excited and passionate about it!! Would love to see some peeks along the way. :)

Lori Mueller said...

Oh Amy....this makes me laugh. I'm in the same predicament as you....just wanted to paint the walls in the bathroom, which has now turned into a total gut-out project. How does that work, anyway?!! I'm dealing with a 17-year-old (old decor) home that needs a lot of dressing up! Best wishes on your DIY project(s).

Kathy Jones said...

This is absolutely fabulous Amy!!! Your colouring is wonderful and love the papers you've used. The twine looks amazing and love how you've broken up the sentiment! OK - I love the whole thing!! :)

Sherri said...

Your coloring is awesome, as always & the papers you put together are gorgeous! Just love the whole effect!

Michelle said...

Such a cute card, Amy! Remodeling --FUN! If your 10 year old house is outdated, I wonder what my 25 year old house is called! LOL ----

And it's your blog --you can talk about anything you want to!! We'll be here :) Pictures of your remodel are a bonus!

Darlene said...

Oh how sweet! I LOVE those papers!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Adorable card! Love the blue halo and grass you added!

Crafty Cath said...

Ack! This is adorable! Your shading, papers, twine all make this so darn cute!

Jennifer said...

this is soooo sweeet!!! love your designs : )

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Amy - 'tweet' is the perfect word ;)
Hope the DIY is going ok. Thinking of you! Hugs, Ruth S

Star Ark Creativity said...

I think the card is cute with little girl on it and I love the colors you use. Thank you for sharing.
Have a great weekend :)
Delama

Lisa H. said...

oh, my! this card is gorgeous. I'm at that stage with my house too, but now I'm scared to google....I don't need to get sucked into any more computer time. lol! good luck with the remodel.

Anonymous said...

You know what happened when I saw this....yup, have to go and put a Depends on as I was so excited I just couldn't hold it!!! I am casing this card as we speak!!!! LOVE IT!!