Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Urban Garden Thanks



Busy time of year, huh? I haven't had much time or desire for stamping these last few days, so today's card is an oldie from almost two years ago. I remember at the time, I couldn't get enough of this flower image from Stampin' Up's Live Your Dream set - so pretty and so easy to work with. The dp is from SU's Urban Garden. I'm assuming both have been retired?

Today's weather forecast in Northern Virginia is for another gorgeous day. High of 75 degrees, and here's the real blessing: a rare day with low humidity! I don't mind heat, but oh, the humidity around here can be insufferable. Looking forward to getting some much-needed gardening done today. Wishing you a happy day!



Stamps: Live Your Dream (SU!)
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Urban Garden dp (SU!); textured white (Bazzill)
Ink: Kiwi Kiss pad, Not Quite Navy marker
Accessories: Old Olive buttons, linen thread, dimensionals, corner rounder, paper piercer, small oval punch, Kiwi Kiss wide striped ribbon, scalloped border punch (SU!); Argyle Cuttlebug folder (Provo Craft)
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (A2)

18 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

Gorgeous card Amy! Enjoy your garden time!

Michelle said...

Beautiful as always.....I would never have guessed it was from 2 years ago though!! I can always tell an Amy card a mile away!!! Love the colors & I love that SU set too!!

malissa32 said...

This is gorgeous- the colors, the details. Love that flower too. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous card, Amy! I loved that stamp too and so glad I still have it! ha!
Enjoy your nice weather!

LollyChops said...

2 years ago... wow!

Enjoy your garden... I have been doing a lot of that myself!

HUGS!

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW Amy absolutely stunning.

Anke

Susie said...

Amy, the card is so pretty. Your talent and creativity seems to know no bounds. Glad you're outside enjoying the weather and the garden.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous Amy!! I love it!!

Oliwiaen said...

Yeah, I remember a card with the same papers and the same image - and yet a totally different card! I love the patchwork square - that allows to use up those smallest left-overs you don't have the strength to throw away :-)))
Great idea and a beautiful card - as usual!!

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you that I try to visit your site at least once a week. You are so darn creative and inspiring. I "lift" from you often. Thank you for sharing your passion. You have a gift.

Gabi Alberti said...

Amy!! Hello!! This card is so wonderful!!! I love!!

Conniecrafter said...

Great design and love the colors, like how the flowers are cut out!
Hope you were able to enjoy your beautiful weather, I can't take the humidity either.

Bev J. said...

An oldie maybe but a good one. Like that dp with the bg folder.

Julie said...

It may be an oldie, but it is a goodie! This is just absolutely stunning!

Leslie Miller said...

An oldie, but still as good as new! Enjoy your beautiful weather. It's been raining here for almost a month. Not just rain bursts, but all day rain. We'll have to get the arc out soon! I hear rumors that it might be sunny this weekend, though. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Marimer said...

It seems that today has left your studio, where designs are good endure over time and that is what happens to the good artists like you who are always kept on high and very prestigious.
This card will surely like some, I love, never be the same because here the materials there, but something will.
Besitos.
Of course, when good times come we must use them, enjoy the air and the sun and time you have to do more beauties.

Allison said...

Gorgeous card! Love it!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is a beautiful card! I absolutely love it! The colors, the layout - all perfection!

Wishing you a good weekend!

Barbara Diane