Tuesday, June 1, 2010

MFTeaser: Jolinne in My Garden



Today, My Favorite Things is previewing two new Jolinne sets. I've used Jolinne in My Garden for today's card. The images are stamped on Watercolor Wonder Cardstock and colored with Tombow watercolor markers and a water brush. I did a tiny bit of masking to create the flowerpot trio. The background paper is an older pattern from My Mind's Eye's Abbey Road line. You can't see them well here, but the clouds in the sky were inspired by a children's picture book my daughter was reading yesterday. She's learned that when I start staring intently at the illustrations (especially sky and grass), I'm "studying" the pros. Sometimes I have to nick her books for a day or two and take them down into my craft room. They're perfect for coloring inspiration!

Speaking of inspiration, be sure to visit Kim at the MFT blog anytime after 11 am today for links to all the designers who are posting teasers today. And don't forget, our release party is tomorrow (June 2) from 8-10 pm EST in the MFT Forum at Splitcoast. Hope to see you there!



As always, thanks so much for visiting!

21 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Such gorgeous coloring Amy! Love your pro-inspired sky - though I think now people are going to be studying YOU and copying your pro-work!

Neat to see the difference in the natural light photo and the lit photo too. Beautiful all around.

Kelli Hull said...

OK, so perhaps you could send me that lil card so I can study a PRO!!!! ;) ;) ;)

This is AWESOME and I was drooling over this set and this (not that I needed help but...) card just TOTALLY SOLD ME 200%!!!!!!!

Gorgeous, just drop dead GORGEOUS!!!!!

Barbara said...

I'm thinkin' you don't need to spend too much time "studying" Amy. This is simply gorgeous! Love how you added extra pots!

Michelle said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Amy!! Colored to perfection!

Oliwiaen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oliwiaen said...

I always thought argyle is a pure "male" pattern, but now I see it makes a perfect backround for cute girly cards too :-) You always surprise, Amy!

Sarah said...

Your coloring techniques are always so varied but always with professional results. I don't think I could get my Tombow marker coloring to look like yours!

Dawn Easton said...

Ha! You made me giggle! You don't need to study! Your work is ALWAYS amazing! This is no exception! Totally CUTE!

dolcreations said...

Your card is just soooo cute! We will be studying your work that is for sure! I LOVE the colouring with the copics...to perfection! Love the clouds. I wish I could perfect that technique! Beautiful card....the flowers are beautiful too! Thank-you for the inspiration that you give us!

StampOwl said...

so pretty, love the bird perched on the pot

Jennifer said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!! The more I see this image the more I WANT it! (=

Kerry Johnson said...

This is beautiful! Obviously your studying paid off! Love the masked posts and your colouring is stunning!

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Amy! Amazing...you are STILL the best girl! :)

Marisa said...

Fabulously coloured picture, Amy! Love the flower on the bow and the touch of lace. Great card as always :D

Unknown said...

Whoa!!! How different the 'two' cards are in different light! Either way, they are fabulous! You could colour with muddy water and make a brilliant card.....hmmmmm, I challenge ya! If anyone can, YOU can! Everyone studies YOU Amy!!!
Hugs Viv xxx

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! What an amazing lil card! Your coloring is stunning! and I adore the lace and the way you created the button/bow and added the sentiment! So cute!
I admire your style very much! TFS!
hugs, margie

Cindy Haffner said...

PERFECTION Amy!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I could stare at this for hours...it's just awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Totally sweet card Amy and I love the idea of looking at books for inspirations. I will have to try that!

Conniecrafter said...

so sweet, love the colors and design, awesome coloring!

Beate said...

Oh Amy, this is gorgeous! Your coloring is phenomenal. You just sold me on that set. I NEED it!
Hugs and smiles