Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Joy



A soft, springy Easter card to share this Palm Sunday. The beautiful sentiment and Easter Egg garland are part of Verve's stylish Easter Joy set. I stamped in Ranger Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink onto Papertrey's Rustic Cream card stock, die-cut with a Labels 10 Nestabilities die, and then sponged on some additional distress inks (Old Paper, Frayed Burlap, I believe). For the Easter egg garland, I stamped the image a few additional times onto different designer papers from an older, but beloved, K&Co Classic K Charlotte pad, then paper pieced the individual eggs. The background designer papers are also from the Classic K Charlotte pad. I embellished with a Martha Stewart Deco Shells border, some machine stitching, skinny ribbon, Prima roses, and Kaiser pearls. Finished size is 5 1/2" square.

Have a blessed Sunday!

12 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Amy! WOW! I'm always in awe of your creations! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word...WOW!!...is this ever GORGEOUS, Amy! What beautiful, feminine papers and I love how you did the line of open zig-zag stitching across the top.

Michelle said...

Oh...this is beautiful girlie!! Your papers....your stitching...that gorgeous bow....always so many details to ogle!!

Eva said...

Amy, this is a STUNNING card...WOW...the colors are just so beautiful and I love the little flowers you added and I think I have to head out to Michaels to get that MS punch..it's all YOUR fault...hehe...hugs..

Belinda said...

I love this!!!! The pearls, the stitching and the little pink roses, its too adorable. I just love all the detail, tfs!

Kathy W said...

What a beautiful card. Love the paper and paper pieced eggs...I also like that row of zigzag stitch accented with the pearls. Thanks for sharing such soft and elegant inspiration.

Cindy Lawrence said...

So soft and lovely, Amy! Love that stitching and beautiful ribbon treatment! Gorgeous! :)

Becca Feeken said...

Oh Amy this is splendid!! I love the whole feel of the card!!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous DPs, Amy and I just love the bow with the mini roses. Fabulous as always :D

Niki Estes said...

Amy, this is absolutely stunning!

Kathy Jones said...

OMGosh - this is elegance at its finest!!! LOVE this!!!

NatQuebec said...

Really beautiful card !