Saturday, January 30, 2010

Overflowing With Love




[This is my second post for today. If you're looking for my MFTeaser, scroll down to the previous post. Thanks!]


I'm so happy to have spent some time Thursday and Friday coloring up this lovely Impression Obsession image - Valentine Fountain. Right before I left for CHA, I was in a huge no-coloring mood. Just looking at line art images was enough to give me hives. Kind of scary for a girl who loooooooves to color! Fortunately, my time at CHA included a visit to the Impression Obsession booth. Talk about inspiration!

I stamped in Versafine Onyx Black onto watercolor paper and colored up this baby using mostly Tombow markers (I did a teeny bit of coloring with Prismacolor pencils to enhance the grass, but even that was mostly Tombows). The main panel is cut with one of the dies from the Spellbinders curved rectangle mega Nestabilities set. To make the thin gray mat around it, I followed these steps that Michelle posted to her blog a while back. Thanks Michelle! The patterned papers are from the Basic Grey Sugar Rush collection.

My favorite part is the companion sentiment, Overflowing With Love, which you can see on the inside:



Isn't that just the sweetest image and sentiment combo? Love it!! Stamper's Dream carries a fantastic selection of Impression Obsession stamps. You can find them all HERE.

Snow has been falling all day here in Northern Virginia, so we've got a pretty good accumulation by now. I was so glad my oldest son got his basketball game in before the county canceled the rest of today's activities. After two back-to-back losses last weekend and the weekend before, it was great to see them pull off an impressive win today. Go Rebels!



Stamps: Valentine Fountain, Overflowing With Love (Impression Obsession)
Paper: Canson 140-lb cold-press watercolor paper, Papertrey Smoky Shadow and Vintage Cream card stock. Basic Grey Sugar Rush designer paper
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, white craft
Accessories: Tombow markers, Prismacolor pencils, Spellbinders curved rectangle mega Nestabilities, Labels 4 Nestabilities, and Flourish Accents, Martha Stewart scalloped border punch, sewing machine, Stampin' Up gray taffeta ribbon, Papertrey pink button, May Arts ivory string, foam adhesive, paper piercer, corner rounder

13 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

WOW! This is absolutely stunning! How did I miss that stamp? MUST have it! And I love the inside.

Betty Wright said...

Absolutely beautiful, Amy! Wonderful design and your coloring is exquisite!

Gabriela said...

Oh Amy this is just lovely. I am just smitten with your little heart fountain card. You don't miss a single detail. We've got about 9 inches of the white fluffy stuff on the ground and hubby's snow blowed twice today and it's still coming down at 6:30 p.m. Anyway, I just had to drop in and tell you how much I love your card.

Unknown said...

WOW! What a beauty! Gorgeous design, inside and out! And I'm so glad you're out of your "no coloring funk"! LOL! Awesome job, my friend! Awesome!!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Wow!!
Another stunner! Love the colours, your special ribbon treatment and the inside is such a treat!

KanataNewf said...

Just beautiful. Love the hearts flowing from the fountain.

Barbara said...

Absolutely adorable, Amy!! Your coloring is just perfection!

Denise Marzec said...

WOWWWWZA! Awesome coloring!!

Kathy Jones said...

Looks to me like your colouring has come back with a BANG!!! Wow - this is coloured to perfection!!!! Great design and colours and love the inside too!!!!!

YAY for your son's basketball team!!! :) Sounds very cold over there - it's been stinking hot here, t-shirts and shorts and 90% humidity! :P

Leslie Miller said...

What a darling image and sentiment combo! Love your card!

Dawn Easton said...

That stamp is beautiful! I don't think I have seen it anywhere before! Great job with the colouring!! Love that matted layer...must check out the link...tfs!!
Congrats to your son too!! It's nice to end on a positive note!

Marisa said...

What a fun image! Love the colours you used and your colouring is wonderful :D

America said...

I LOVE THIS great image, lovely color combos!