Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ghoulish Grub



Here's a fun Halloween treat jar I made for My Favorite Things earlier this month, but forgot to post here. I used two different MFT sets - Ghoulish Label and Too Cute To Spook (currently out of stock). The jar is one of the squared 16-ounce clear plastic jars that are part of MFT's Perfect Packaging line, and the label set is designed to fit perfectly.

When I first made this earlier in the month, I filled it with some homemade green slime, but decided that was really horribly impractical. After all, those who are young enough to enjoy playing with slime are probably too young to get it in and out of the jar without making a complete mess of the decorating, know what I mean? So I switched to a new, clean jar and filled it with some black DOTS gumdrops that I found at my local Rite-Aid.

Here's a close-up of the label:



I used some Diamond Glaze to coat the drips, then for some "gross" factor, swirled in some black re-inker using a toothpick. Last, I added some glitter (sometimes a girl can't help herself).

And here's a close-up of the lid:



Here, I stamped the tree from Too Cute to Spook in VersaMark, clear embossed, then added the labels for the sentiment. Adorning those labels are some black crystals from MFT's Spooktacular Collection of Swarovski crystals.

Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

Danielle said...

What a wonderfully creative project Amy! Love all the sparkly goo - looks awesome!
Hugs, Danielle

Marimer said...

Preciosa manera de presentar un tarro de ¿miel? o ¿mermelada?.Bss

Dawn Easton said...

Ohhhhhhh love that sparkly goo! It's awesome!

Lynda Benden said...

This is awesome Amy! Love the glitter goo!!!

Angela Sowell said...

Amy, this is a awesome.. I know what you mean about the slim. I made some last year for my youngest daughters birthday, and the children had it everywhere. I was still finding it inside and outside the house a week later. I wouldn't want it to mess up all my hard work either.. Love it.

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Amy, this is fabulous - just love that slime! Jo x

whoistracy said...

What a cute idea!! I love this little jar.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute!!