Friday, June 11, 2010

Pickled Funk



This whimsical coffee image is so fun!! It's from Impression Obsession's Coffee With a Friend stamp set. I'm not at all sure what sort of look I was going for, nor what sort of look I ended up with. Kind of funky for me, but I like it!

I started by stamping the image onto Kraft card stock, then colored a bit with Copics and finished with Prismacolor pencils. The patterned papers are a mixture of Jillibean Soup Lentil Soup (green), Cosmo Cricket DeLovely (turquoise), and Basic Grey Basics Kraft. The decorative border along the left was done with Tim Holtz's Ornate Alterations die. The white zigzag is a Martha Stewart Lattice border punched strip just barely peeking out, so that you only see a small bit. I accented the steam swirls with some Kaiser white adhesive pearls.

While I was working on this, my occasional midnight craft room muse (my 6yo dd) popped in with a lost tooth. She was wide awake with excitement and eager to check out what I was working on. Her verdict? Boring. Brutal, eh? ;) I had to agree with her and fiddled with the main image some more. I deepened some of the shadows to help the browns pop off the Kraft base. That's also when the eerie green glow made its way onto the scene. It *does* help the main image pop, but kind of makes you wonder what exactly is in that coffee pot. Kryptonite?



Stamps: Coffee With a Friend (Impression Obsession)
Paper: Prismatics Black card stock, Papertrey Kraft card stock, Neenah Natural White card stock, Jillibean Soup Lentil Soup dp, Cosmo Cricket DeLovely dp, Basic Grey Kraft Basics dp
Accessories: Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils, Mega Curved Rectangle and Classic Circle Nestabilities, Tim Holtz On the Edge Ornate Alterations, Martha Stewart lattice border punch, Stampin' Up ribbon, Papertrey button, Kaiser adhesive pearls, kryptonite
Size: 5 1/2" square

11 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card Amy!
x

Oliwiaen said...

Though it's supposed to be coffee, it looks very Alice-in-Wonderland-ish to me :-)) Well, whatever it is, the card is as fabulous as always :-)

cristinoel said...

I like the card; Love the stamp set of Impression Obsession.

Unknown said...

Pickled Funk? Too, too funny!

Frankly, I LOVE this card! Your coloring with the Copics & Prisma pencils is AWESOME!!! And I love the design! You should be funky more often! LOL!

Cheryl Valadez said...

LOL...! Your kryptonite coffe pot is lovely! At 6, your dd probably doesn't understand the enchanting properties of the caffeine elixir of the gods ;D

Susie said...

This is Funkalicious! I love the title and I looove this card! The chartreuse really does pop the card - boy, that's some serious coffee! I also like the swirling aroma w/pearls. Coloring on Kraft card stock really gave this card a unique look.

Leigh OBrien said...

Amy! I so wanna be YOU when I grow up. This coffee card is just amazingly colored. Your paper choices are perfect and your details amaze me!

Yogi said...

love this card. That coffee image is beautiful. I want one.

Brandi said...

Ohhhhh!!!! Gorgeous! Love the colors and that you stamped on kraft!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOWZA! This is GORGEOUS, Amy-holy cow! Your coloring is amazing and the entire layout is just beautiful. I'm a coffee lover too so this is right up my alley!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous Amy!! I love it!!