Monday, November 3, 2008

Vintage Autumn



This week's Featured Stamper Challenge at SCS is all about the amazing Becca Feeken, aka Becca Stamps at SCS. You'll also find her work on her blog, Amazing Paper Grace! If you haven't seen her work, grab a bib and be prepared to stay a while! I chose to CASE Becca's card, To Find the Beautiful. I kept the layout, including the large ribbon and the tab-style accent, and changed papers, colors, and the image. I also left off the two buttons in the upper right and added some machine stitching.

The main image -- the tree scene with the word Autumn spelled out in postage stamps -- came from the Seasonal Heartwarming Vintage Booklet from Crafty Secrets. Have you seen all the stuff at Crafty Secrets, by the way? Oh. My. Gosh! I recently got a "few" things, including two of these vintage booklets, and I am seriously in love! They are like swatchbooks full of paper images. I just trimmed out the one I wanted, distressed the edges a bit, and adhered it to the card with foam squares. So unbelievably quick and easy! There is a tiny bit of stamping on this card. At the top and bottom points of the brown square, I stamped a small corner image from Frame It, also available at Crafty Secrets. It's a bit gratuitous, but I *had* to stamp something! The two squares of dp came from a pack of Twiggy paper by Memory Box that I picked up at Stamper's Dream.

My daughter turns 5 today, and my friend Marcy turns 40. Happy Birthday wishes to both! (Marcy blogs, too ... I think it would be soooo fun for her to get birthday wishes on her blog from a bunch of "strangers"! So if you're inclined, head over to Please Don't Make Me Cook [I just hope it's public] and leave her a little love. Tell her I sent you!)

Thanks for stopping by!



Stamps: Frame It (Clear Art Stamps by Crafty Secrets)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa (Stampin' Up!); Twiggy dp (Memory Box)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories: Seasonal Heartwarming Vintage Booklet (Craft Secrets); distressing tool, curvy label punch, and wide brown satin ribbon (SU!); chocolate brads (Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts); sewing machine and thread

24 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! That is one absolutely gorgeous card! I LOVE the rich colors and all that fabulous stitching! A real show stopper, for sure! :-)

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful card, Amy! Love the stitching and that big ol' bow!!!

Happy Birthday to your daughter!!

Alex said...

This is a gorgeous card Amy - WOW!!! I love all the stitching and the warm, rich colors! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Catherine said...

WOW! Amy, this is abosolutely beautiful :)

And, Happy 5th Birthday to you daughter :)

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW what a beautiful card, so special, I love it!
Anja from germany

Unknown said...

LOVE THIS! :)

Kathy Jones said...

GASP!!!! Oh My Goodness Amy ---- this is absolutely breathtaking!!! You will have no trouble getting back into any DT when you finish your break.....you are amazing!!!

Paula Barin said...

Beautiful card. I have a vintage booklet too and didn't know what to do with it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

You continue to amaze Amy. Your's and Becca's blogs are the 2 that I make sure I check every single day. I'm always so inspired when I seen what you have done.

Jami said...

Amy, this is gorgeous...I could just lose myself in that wonderful image, and your colors are always so warm and welcoming...like a big hug!!
hugs, Jami

Joanne said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Wow!

Jessie/knightrone said...

What a STUNNING card Amy, I love it!!

Stampin_Melissa said...

Oh Amy. . . . this is breathtaking!

Stampvanwinkle said...

The colors of this card are so warm and rich. Wonderful, classy card.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful, rich card! I love the browns!!

Dawn Easton said...

Get out!!! LOL! This is gorgeous!!! Love what you did with the paper from the booklet...FAB idea Amy...I'm in awe! Simply beautiful!!

Sew Club said...

Very pretty!! Love the LO!

reeree62 said...

Oh Amy, so beautiful! You continue to amaze me!

Darlene said...

Ok, a new favorite! I love this card. The colros are so warm and inviting. Becca is talented for sure and so are you! Thanks for inspiring me constantly!

KAT said...

Stunning... Love how you used the bracket as an extra detail and the overall color and mood of the card!!!

Cynde said...

Your card is Gorgeous. Love how you used the postage stamps to spell out autumn. I was just on your friend Marci's site to wish her Happy Birthday. The busy dear hasn't written on her blog since september. So thats were a few of us posted. LOL Hope she finds it.. Some one else wrote "hope you find it before next year!" Was too cute. Just thought I'd let you know a few had wished her Happy Day!

Amy said...

Gorgeous card. Love all the details! Thyanks for sharing your talent with everyone!
Am

Conniecrafter said...

neat layout to lift, just love these colors and that image is very cool!

Lynda Benden said...

Dang Amy, this is absolutely gorgeous! You are amazing!