Monday, March 10, 2008

Thinking of Paris ..



... Paris Otremba, yesterday's SCS Featured Stamper. What fun discovering her fantastic gallery! A real treat! For the challenge (CASE a card, but make at least two changes), I chose to CASE this card.

I kept the layout with the layered and mixed dp, but changed the dp and the stamp. I left off the ribbon and cut-out accents on the main image panel, as well as the brads in the four corners, then added some piercing and two half pearls along the bottom of the green block of dp. I also changed the main image panel from a circle to a square. Last, I went over the stamped image with a clear Spica for a little shimmer.

Stamps: Live Your Dream, Three for You (sentiment)
Paper: Groovy Guava, Afternoon Tea dp, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green (marker)
Accessories: sponge daubers, pretties kit, paper piercer, classic and scalloped circle nestabilities (by Spellbinder), slot punch, 5/8" chocolate grosgrain, Groovy Guava double-stitched ribbon, clear spica

All supplies by Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.

16 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Bautiful, what a great card,love the papers you used and the colors are so pretty together.

Tracy said...

oh look at all the lovelies I've been missing :-) this is wonderful sweetie. i like the way you worked in the ribbon - now i gotta go take a better look at the others... they're all beautiful!

June Houck said...

Look at you using patterned paper! The card is GORGEOUS. Way to go, Miss Amy :)

Michele Kovack said...

this turned out very pretty!!!

Shannan Teubner said...

Love this, Amy!!

Diane Gilbert said...

Amy this is soooooo pretty! I love the DP and all the layers! BEAUTIFUL!!!

pescbrico said...

Lovely! I like the way you passed your ribbon through! Have a wonderful day!

Becky Carafa said...

Gorgeous, Amy! I love the strips of dsp and how you threaded the ribbon.

mylittlepaperaddiction said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors and everything about it. I'm really glad I came across your blog. I've linked you on mine so I can find my way back here and for others to see your beautiful work.
You've been tagged!
The rules of the game:
• Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Stephanie Hargis said...

What a beautiful card Amy! I just love the new DP! I can't wait to get my hands on some! The colors are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this...your work is Amazing!!!

Maren said...

So sweet!! Love all your details...they just put it over the top!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS!! LOVE that paper - can't wait for mine to get here!!

Unknown said...

This is the first card I've seen with the afternoon tea and Live your dream combo that I actually really like. The mint green adn peach color combo just reminds me of a 1980's bathroom wallpaper! I love how you used so many different peices of dp. It really works well together. Love it!

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

I just bought this paper last night. After seeing this card I can't wait to get it. Sooooo pretty. Love it.

mylittlepaperaddiction said...

This makes me want that DP sooooo bad! Beautiful card!