Saturday, November 24, 2007

Mistletoe Do-Over



That whole mistletoe thing was buggin' me, so I got to playing around again. Better? Worse?

I like the pop of the white with red berries (see previous post), but I'm kinda leaning toward this one with the white berries, and here's why.

First, it really looks like mistletoe!

Second, in my blog wanderings yesterday (*see note below), I saw two cards that used something called liquid pearls. Did not know about that nifty little product! When I was putting together the Elegant Silhouette card yesterday, I was wishing I had miniature pearl beads to glue onto the scallops, but had to settle for the white gel pen. How much easier would the liquid pearls be (than beads, that is)? And now today for the mistletoe? How flippin' awesome would liquid pearls be for the berries?! Can't wait to get some and try it!

*About my blog wanderings yesterday ... Allison from Stampin' When I Can linked me up on her blog as her Inspiring Blog of the Week. I was so flattered. The cool thing was that a bunch of new people stopped by yesterday and left comments (thank you!), so I had the pleasure of checking out all their blogs, too. What fun!

Pretty much the same supplies as the previous post. I colored the berries with a white gel pen. It might be hard to see, but I also stamped the Linen background in River Rock on the River rock circle, then sponged the edges for a little dimension.

16 comments:

Carolyn said...

The mistletoe in white is "true" mistletoe. Red berries are actually holly berries. I like the new one best but I think it's because of the khaki background and not the berry color. LOVE the card! Such talent.

Rachel V. said...

Your card is beautiful! I also found you via Allison, and now I have your blog in my Google Reader.

Jean said...

I like them both, but this white one just a little bit better. I have the white Liquid Pearls, and it would look marvelous on your card. Beautiful work!

Tee said...

Wandered around here from Allison's blog and boy was she right! Your cards are so fabulous and since you photograph them so well, they look ten times more gorgeous...Already subscribed to your blog..
I like the 1st card better..the red one just pops out..Love it..

Unknown said...

I like your second card better since you stamped the mistletoe on river rock...the white was too stark. I have to admit I like the red berries better. Overall, a gorgeous card no matter which way you go. I would be thrilled to receive either.

Allison Rankin said...

Whoa...I like this one! Of course, I like the other one too so I am of no help!

Anonymous said...

Your card is stunning. In fact, I love all of your work. I visit your blog daily and always find something beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing what you do with others.

Tracy said...

I love both versions of this card. So pretty and elegant. Glad to find your Blog!!!

Tracy said...

i'm equal ;-) i really like them both equally. i always like a tan with red combo :-)
i will tell you what i really like is that (it appears) you went the extra to use markers i guess to color the stamp for stamping - so you get the stem and leaf color then you added the berry color. it just adds so much (i am lazy - at least for 100 cards lazy.. kwim?)
its a lovely design miss - no matter what color combo you use.

My Paper World said...

Absolutelt stunning! I love them both!

Donna Baker said...

Hi Amy! Checking you out because of the link on Allison's blog! I love your card now I'm going to check out more of your stuff!

Andrea G. said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards!!! I am so happy that I discovered your blog!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful - both of them! You are one talented lady and I'm your newest fan! I've added you to my iGoogle and I'm looking forward to your next post (and next and next and next...).
Thanks for sharing your beautiful work, Karen U

Maren said...

Both cards are amazing! I can't decide..... I think I like the red berries better because it is on the white paper which really pops with that pomegranate. But really...they both are great! I love that artichoke with the pomegranate!

Anonymous said...

Why or why did I ever trade my Peaceful Wishes set??? I know, I'm crazy!
This is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I prefer the second card because I think the purely pom edging on the circle ties in with the ribbon nicely and brings everything together. Thanks for sharing.